Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Nice Day


Hi William,

We had a fun day yesterday. I know it is dark and grey in Scotland. But it is bright and sunny here in California.


It did rain some on Christmas Eve and that left the prettiest snow on the mountains that hasn't melted yet. It was cool today so I got to wear my new scarf when we went out.


We went to the movies and saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I really liked the movie. It was about a man who is born really really old and grows younger and younger as every year goes by. It was happy and sad... and made me cry just a little. But in a good way.


After the movie we went shopping for shoes for Hubby. He needed new tennis shoes. I tried on a pair too. They were a much better fit then the other shoes but still a little big. You would think that they would make shoes that fit an elephant.


We also went shopping for new snowboarding boots for Matthew (Laura Jayne's son). I tried on the prettiest pink snow googles. I will be ready when we go up to the mountains where the snow is.


After all that shopping we were all hungry and went and had sushi. Do you know that sushi is another word for raw fish? I didn't until the very nice man put the plate of raw fish down in front of us. I decided just to eat the little beany thingies.

It was a really nice day William.

Huggles,
Martha

No comments: